Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wreck-It Ralph! release is not as soon as you'd like....

Here is some news that came out recently about the release of Wreck-It Ralph. Disney is trying out a new way to release movies. They announced that Wreck-It Ralph will be released on February 12th for digital download and on March 5th for Blu-Ray and DVD.
I think this is pretty much useless. I can see the thought though, as I have already paid to see the film 3 times in theaters and I'm turning blue holding my breath for the release, but hey, I can wait for the Blu-Ray release. Not to mention, that releasing it as a digital download will just make it easier for piraters. And also, where are my lithographs for the pre-order? I was looking very much forward to some Wreck-It Ralph lithographs just to have my hopes crushed. I feel this is a very miss on Disney. I suppose that they decided to release Wreck-It Ralph this way so that they could try it out with something people actually want. I mean, they could of tried it on Frankenweenie but it wouldn't have been much of a test as only 8 people saw the movie (2 of them are myself and my wife). I just wish they would release Wreck-It Ralph on February 12th on Blu-Ray and that the lithographs were there, but I concede, I can wait for March (since it'll be a nice birthday gift!).

No comments:

Post a Comment