Sunday, January 13, 2013

Oscar nomination

A little late but I just wanted to say congratulations to Disney on their Oscar nominations!
Lincoln snagged the most for nominations with 12 for Best Picture, Best Director (Steven Spielberg), Best Adapted Screenplay (Tony Kushner), Best Actor (Daniel Day-Lewis), Best Supporting Actor (Tommy Lee Jones), Best Supporting Actress (Sally Field), Cinematography (Janusz Kaminski), Costume Design (Joanna Johnston), Film Editing (Michael Kahn), Original Score (John Williams), Production Design (Rick Carter, Jim Erickson), and Sound Mixing (Andy Nelson, Gary Rydstrom, Ronald Judkins).

Also a return to form for Disney with 3 out of the 5 nominations for Best Animated picture with Brave (Mark Andrews, Brenda Chapman), Frankenweenie (Tim Burton), and Wreck-It Ralph (Rich Moore). I hate to say it but though I enjoy Pixar movies, Brave is not that impressive. Now Frankenweenie is actually a well written and well directed feature for Tim Burton but I have to say, I want Wreck-It Ralph to take it. I loved that movie just that much (I saw it 3 times, and once was the free D23 screening!).
And the amazing short Paperman (John Kahrs) is nominated for Best Animated Short. I loved this short and I am very glad to see it nominated. I don't think I've ever had a short (and at that, with no talking) touch my heart like Paperman did. I'm just thankful that the waste of my time "La Luna" wasn't nominated.
Avengers even got an Oscar nomination for best Visual Effects (Janeck Sirrs, Jeff White, Guy Williams, Dan Sudick). And even a nomination for the bust Mirror Mirror for Costume Design (Eiko Ishioka).
Tonight we'll find out who comes out with wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment